prof. dr. N.J. de Wit
prof. dr. N.J. de Wit
- Julius Center Research
Niek de Wit has been working as a general practitioner for more than 25 years. In 2009 he was appointed as professor in General Practice at the University Medical Center in Utrecht, the Netherlands. From 2010 until July 2019 he has been manager of the Julius Health Centers, the academic general practice in Utrecht. Since June 2019 he is Division chair ad interim of the Julius Center of Health Sciences and Primary Care at the UMC Utrecht.
His research focus is on health care innovation, gastrointestinal disease and oncology in primary care. He is co-author of national and international guidelines on IBS, dyspepsia, diverticulitis and colorectal cancer. In the past years he has been involved in the development of a regional health care network , aiming at primary- hospital care collaboration, optimizing health care pathways and facilitating health care innovation initiatives in the Utrecht region.
From 2010-2012 he was visiting professor at Kings’ College, London, UK. From 2012 he is visiting professor at the University of Durham, UK , and in 2014 he was inaugurated as fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburg, UK.
- Member of the committee of Regional Innovation committee of the Dutch Association of Academic Hospitals (NFU) (since 2018)
- Member of the prevention committee of the Dutch Association of Academic Hospitals (NFU) (since 2021)
- Chair, scientific commitee, Health Hub Utrecht (since 2020)
National scientific advisory boards (unremunerated)
- Member of the program committee ‘Quality of Care’ of the Netherlands Organisation of Health research and development (ZON MW) from 2013
- Member of the scientific committee of the Dutch Cancer Society (since 2019)
- Member of the Effective care (Doen of laten) program committee of the Netherlands Organisation of Health research and development (ZON MW) (since 2016)
- Member of the advisory board of the Effective Care pathway (Zinnige Zorg) on Dyspepsia of the Dutch Health care Institute (ZIN) (since 2019)
Guideline committees (unremunerated)
- Member of professional guideline committees of the Dutch College of General Practice on dyspepsia (since 1992), IBS (since 2005) and diverticulitis (since 2009)
- Member of the multidisciplinary guideline committee on Irritable Bowel Syndrome of the Dutch College of GP and Federation Medical Specialists (since 2009)
International scientific advisory boards (unremunerated)
- Founding secretary and member of the steering committee of the European Society for Primary Care Gastroenterology (since 2007)
- Member of the primary care committee of the Rome Foundation for Functional digestive disorders (since 2012)
- Member of the international advisory board of the Norwegian Primary Care Practice based Research Network Praxisnett (since 2017)
- International partner of the CANTEST research consortium for early diagnosis of cancer in primary care (since 2017)
- Member of the international advisory board of the BMBF program on Primary Care research networks, Ministry of Health, Germany (since 2018)
Editorial Board (unremunerated)
- Member of the editorial board of Family Practice (since 2004)
- Member of the editorial board of Praktische Huisartsgeneeskunde (BSL) (since 2010)
Other societal activities (unremunerated)
- Member of the supervisory board of the general practitioners organisation “RHOGO” Hilversum (since 2019)
- Member of the supervisory board of the academic Hospice Demeter, de Bilt (since 2020)
- Founding member of the ‘Dappere Dokters’ movement in Utrecht
- Member of the Utrecht Development Board
- Consultant for Program management advice for lwo and middle income countries (PUM), Ministry of Economic affairs, the Hague
Research Output (357)
Perfors I. A.A., Helsper C. W., Noteboom E. A., Visserman E. A., van Dorst E. B.L., van Dalen T., Verhagen M. A.M.T., Witkamp A. J., Koelemij R., Flinterman A. E., Pruissen-Peeters K. A.B.M., Schramel F. M.N.H., van Rens M. T.M., Ernst M. F., Moons L. M.G., van der Wall E., de Wit N. J., May A. M. 4 Jun 2022, In: BMC Primary Care. 23 , p. 1-14
de Groot Esther, Vermond Debbie, Sills Valerie A., Mol Saskia S.L., Walter Fiona M., Rubin Greg, de Wit Niek J. 10 Mar 2022, In: BMJ Open. 12 , p. 1-9
Jones Daniel, Di Martino Erica, Bradley Stephen H., Essang Blessing, Hemphill Scott, Wright Judy M., Renzi Cristina, Surr Claire, Clegg Andrew, de Wit Niek, Neal Richard 16 Nov 2021, In: British Journal of General Practice. 72 , p. e1-e10
Smit Linda C., De Wit Niek J., Nieuwenhuizen Meggie L., Schuurmans Marieke J., Bleijenberg Nienke 19 Oct 2021, In: BMC Geriatrics. 21 , p. 1-12
Forster Alice S., Rubin Greg, Emery Jon D., Thompson Matthew, Sutton Stephen, De Wit Niek, Walter Fiona M., Lyratzopoulos Georgios 26 Aug 2021, In: Diagnosis. 8 , p. 317-321 5 p.
van Vugt Saskia, de Schepper Evelien, van Delft Sanne, Zuithoff Nicolaas, de Wit Niek, Bindels Patrick 18 Aug 2021, In: BJGP Open. 5 , p. 1-10
Stol Daphne, Badenbroek Ilse, Hollander Monika, Nielen Marcus, de Wit Niek, Schellevis François Aug 2021, In: Huisarts en Wetenschap. 64 , p. 26-29 4 p.
Numans Mattijs, de Wit Niek Aug 2021, In: Huisarts en Wetenschap. 64 , p. 34-35 2 p.
Noteboom Eveline A., May Anne M., van der Wall Elsken, de Wit Niek J., Helsper Charles W. 28 Jun 2021, In: Psycho-Oncology. 30 , p. 1663-1679 17 p.
de Waard Anne Karien M., Korevaar Joke C., Hollander Monika, Nielen Mark M.J., Seifert Bohumil, Carlsson Axel C., Lionis Christos, Søndergaard Jens, Schellevis François G., de Wit Niek J., Angelaki Agapi, Král Norbert, Sonderlund Anders, Wändell Per, Jun 2021, In: Health Science Reports. 4