dr. R.M.T. (Renske) ten Ham
dr. R.M.T. (Renske) ten Ham
- Julius Center, dept. Epidemiology & Health Economics
Renske ten Ham is an assistant professor at the UMC Utrecht in the Netherlands and specializes in health economics & health technology assessment (HTA) of regenerative medicines, including gene and cell-based therapies. Trained as a pharmacist and with an MSc in HTA, she holds a PhD in Drug Innovation titled: “Development, market authorization and market access of gene- and cell-based therapies”.
Over the years Renske conducted research at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), spend time at the Dutch Medicines Evaluation Board (CBG-MEB), Dutch National Health Care Institute (Zorginstituut Nederland) and collaborated with several research groups, amongst which the Center of Health Economics at the University of York.
At the Julius Center Renske is lead of the Regenerative Medicines (RM) team within the Health Economic Evaluation-group. She strives to increase translation of RM and (academic) gene and cell-based therapies towards implementation in healthcare services. In doing so her research focusses on payment models, development cost, (early) economic evaluations and business models. She aims to contribute to better understanding of the fit between innovative therapies and existing development frameworks. This is not only relevant for RM but also for future biomedical innovations.
- Chair-elect - ISPOR Special Interest Group Precision Medicine and Advanced Therapies
- Member - Young Science in Transition
- Member - The Professional Society for Health Economics and Outcomes Research (ISPOR)
- Member - Dutch Association of Medical Technology Assessment (NVTAG)
- Member - Dutch Association for Health Economics (VGE)
- Member - Scientific Program Planning Committee PDA Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products Conference to be held 22-23 June 2022 in Brussels, Belgium
- Board member NVTAG (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Technology Assessment in de Gezondheidszorg) [2017 - 2020]
- President young-NVTAG (Nederlandse Vereniging voor Technology Assessment in de Gezondheidszorg [2017 - 2020]
- Founder & president ISPOR (International Society for Pharmacoeconomics and Outcomes Research) Student Chapter at Utrecht University. [2014 - 2016]
Fellowship and Awards
Greiner Award 2020&2021
- Award for the best thesis defended in 2020&2021
- By Dutch Association of Gene & Cell Therapy (NVGCT)
Publication featured as Trends Editors Pick 2020
- Journal: Trends in Pharmacological Sciences
- Awarded publication: Development and Regulation of Gene and Cell-Based Therapies in Europe: A Quantification and Reflection.
Publication featured as Editors Pick 2020
- Journal: Value in Health
- Awarded publication: A Review of Methodological Considerations for Economic Evaluations of Gene Therapies and Their Application in Literature.
Best Scientific Poster 2019
- Conference: TOPRA Conference 2019
- Awarded poster: Challenges in Advanced Therapy Medicinal Product Development
Research Output (9)
Rohaan Maartje W et al. 8 Dec 2022, In: The New England journal of medicine. 387 , p. 2113-2125 13 p.
Thielen Frederick W F, Heine R.J., van den Berg Sibren, ten Ham RMT, Uyl-de Groot Carin A Dec 2022, In: Cytotherapy. 24 , p. 1245-1258 14 p.
ten Ham Renske M.T., Frederix Geert W.J., Wu Olivia, Goettsch Wim, Leufkens Hubert G.M., Klungel Olaf H., Hoekman Jarno Mar 2022, In: Value in Health. 25 , p. 390-399 10 p.
Ten Ham Renske M T, Walker Sikon M, Soares Marta O, Frederix Geert W J, Leebeek Frank W G, Fischer Kathelijn, Coppens Michiel, Palmer Stephen J 28 Feb 2022, In: HemaSphere. 6 , p. 1-11
ten Ham Renske M.T., van Nuland Merel, Vreman Rick A., de Graaf Laurens G., Rosing Hilde, Bergman André M., Huitema Alwin D.R., Beijnen Jos H., Hövels Anke M. Jan 2021, In: Value in Health. 24 , p. 121-128 8 p.
Jeong Chang Wook, Herlemann Annika, Cowan Janet E., Broering Jeanette M., ten Ham Renske M. T., Wilson Leslie S., Carroll Peter R., Cooperberg Matthew R. 2021, 4
ten Ham RMT, Klungel Olaf, Leufkens H.G.M., Frederix GWJ Sep 2020, In: Value in Health. 23 , p. 1268-1280 13 p.
Ham RMT, Hovels Anke M., Hoekman J., Frederix GW, Leufkens H.G.M., Klungel Olaf, Jedema I., Nikolic T., van Pel M., Zwaginga J.J., de Goede A., Schreibelt Gerty, de Vries I Jolanda M, Dolstra Harry, Ovelgonne H, Meij P, Mountford J.C., Turner M.L, Hoefnagel MHN Jul 2020, In: Cytotherapy. 22 , p. 388-397 10 p.
ten Ham RM, Hovels Anke, Klungel Olaf, Broekmans André, Hoekman Jarno Feb 2020, In: Trends in Pharmacological Sciences. 41 , p. 67-71 5 p.