In order to be as accommodating as possible to the needs of patients and visitors, the UMC Utrecht operates ample visiting hours. The majority of wards allow visitors between 3 p.m. and 8 p.m. each day.
Alternative visiting hours apply on the following wards:
- intensive care wards (ic), medium care wards (mc) and the coronary care unit (ccu)
- psychiatry (A1, A2, A3, A4, child and adolescent psychiatry)
- hematology (B2 east)
- oncology (B2 west)
- neurology and neuromuscular diseases (C3 east)
- rheumatology, immunology, dermatology and allergology (D2 west)
- neurosurgery and oncology (D3 east)
- ear, nose and throat and oral diseases (D5 east / west)
- nuclear medicine (E2)
You can inquire about visiting hours on the nursing ward or at the reception in the central lobby:
088 75 555 55
Accommodation options for family
It is possible for a family member to spend the night in our hospital in exceptional cases. A family room is available on several wards. You can discuss with the nursing staff whether it is possible to arrange such accommodation. Further information on accommodation options outside of the hospital can be obtained by calling:
What ward is the patient on?
If you do not know what nursing ward the patient is on, please ask the receptionists in the central reception lobby.