dr. C.A. (Caroline) Lindemans Assistant Professor - medical
- SCT patient care
Caroline Lindemans, MD, PhD is a pediatrician, BMT specialist and pediatric immunologist in the UMC Utrecht. Appointed as a consultant in HCT she has a special research interest in graft versus host disease, intestinal toxicity, it’s prevention and therapy. After receiving a KWF fellowship grant she recently worked at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in the Research groups of Marcel van den Brink and Alan Hanash resulting in a first author Nature paper, published December 2015. She has ongoing collaborations with these groups and is currently expanding this line of research in the UMC Utrecht. Caroline is an active member of various international working committees (e.g. EBMT, CIBMTR: chair of one of the CIBMTR working committees).
- Co-chair CIBMTR working committee Infection and Immunity February 2014—Feb 2017
- Medical Consultant Chimerix europe (Brincidofovir studies): 2015-heden
Fellowship and Awards
- 2000 Wilhelmina Children's Hospital Student Research Prize
- 2010 ASBMT Travel grant for young investigators $500
- 2012 Abstract award winner international cord blood symposium
- 2012 UMC Utrecht mobilization grant €20.000 euro
- 2013 Wilhelmina Children’s hospital Fund: Leading ladies research stimulation grant €125.000 euro
- 2013 Travel Stipendium Nijbakker Morra Foundation €9.600 euro
- 2013 KWF (Dutch Cancer Society) Clinical fellowship Grant €250.000 euro. To study tissue regeneratation in GVHD.
- 2014 ASH Abstract Achievement Award