Vaccination of medical high-risk groups
Vaccination of medical high-risk groups
Monday 29 March, UMC Utrecht will start vaccinating patients from high-risk medical groups. On this page you will find the latest information.
Make an appointment uitklapper, klik om te openen
On Monday March 22, we sent the invitation for vaccination. You can make an appointment for vaccination:
Patients with neurological disease
The following applies to patients with a neurological disorder and / or patient at the home ventilation center (CTB):
- From 12 April you can schedule an appointment via patient portal My UMC Utrecht
- Have you received an invitation and would you like your appointment before 12 April? Then contact us by telephone on 088 75 68032, on working days from 9 AM to 5.30 PM*
*Please note: You can only make an appointment before April 12 if you do not need additional support, such as nursing assistance or a special parking space. This requires extra preparation.
Prepare your appointment uitklapper, klik om te openen
The invitation letter includes a 'health statement' (in Dutch). It is important that you read it carefully and fill it in before making your appointment. Is there no need for further consultation with the doctor? Then you can schedule your appointment.
What do you bring with you?
- the filled in health statement
- the invitation letter
- identification (passport, ID-card, drivers license)
- wear clothes in which you can easily expose your upper arm
- face mask
- Vaccination takes place in UMC Utrecht. It is indicated from the main entrance how to get to the vaccination location. Click here for our address and route information.
- Preferably come to your appointment without a companion because of the general corona rules.
- If you park in the parking garage at the UMC Utrecht: to avoid a queue at the payment machine, we ask you to pay when you exit. Read more about parking & payment.
The invitation letter comes with a number of attachments. Have you lost a document or do you want a new one? You can download them here:
Cancel your appointment uitklapper, klik om te openen
It is possible that you do not want to make an appointment for vaccination in UMC Utrecht because:
- you received multiple invitations,
- already have had a corona vaccination,
- already have an appointment for a vaccination, or
- would rather not get a vaccination.
Does this apply to you? Then please let us know:
- via e-mail address email@example.com (only mention your name and patient number)
- via telephone on number 088 75 68032
Please note: are you under treatment with us at the expertise center for muscle diseases and / or the center for home ventilation? And did you receive multiple invitations? Then make use of the invitation from UMC Utrecht.
Patients with neurological disease uitklapper, klik om te openen
The invitations were sent out on Friday 26 March.
- Have you received an invitation and would you like an appointment for a vaccination before 12 April? Then contact us by telephone on 088 75 68032, on working days from 9 AM to 5.30 PM*
- You can also schedule an appointment for vaccination from 12 April via the My UMC Utrecht patient portal.
*Note: Do you need extra support or a special parking space? Then we ask you to make an appointment from April 12th. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer you additional support, such as nursing assistance, before April 12. This requires extra preparation.
Possibility for vaccination at home via a doctor
Patients who cannot come to UMC Utrecht due to their neurological disorder are given the option of being vaccinated at home by their general practitioner. These home vaccinations will take place later, mid-April / May.
Who gets vaccined at UMC Utrecht? uitklapper, klik om te openen
The government has determined that patients in a few high-risk medical groups receive priority vaccination in the hospital where they are receiving treatment. It concerns the following patients:
- Patients with a haematological malignancy / condition leading to very severe immunosuppressive and who have been monitored by a haematologist for this in the past year;
- Patients with severe renal failure (dialysis or preparing for dialysis);
- Patients after organ transplant - or stem cell or bone marrow transplant and severely immune compromised;
- Patients with a severe congenital immune disorder (primary immune deficiency).
- you were born between 01-01-1947 and 26-02-2003, and
- you have had a check-up In UMC Utrecht at least once since 01-09-2019.
Which vaccine do I get? uitklapper, klik om te openen
Patients from the medical high-risk groups are vaccinated with the Moderna vaccine. This vaccine consists of two doses. There is about four weeks between the two doses.
Contact uitklapper, klik om te openen
- Do you have a question about vaccination in combination with your illness? Then contact your attending physician.
- Would you like to deregister for vaccination at UMC Utrecht? Or do you have a general question about corona vaccination? Then mail to firstname.lastname@example.org (only mention your name and patient number).
- You can also reach us on telephone number 088 75 68032, on working days between 9 a.m. and 5.30 p.m.