Research Support Office
Research Support Office
The Research Support Office (RSO) of the University Medical Center Utrecht supports researchers in finding external funding for their research. There are many sources to fund research, each with their own goals and requirements, and many funding schemes are very competitive. The RSO has extensive experience with the various funding systems and can offer specialized support to researchers to maximize their chances of success.
The general mission is to build relationships with national and international private and public financiers and partners who have an interest in collaboration with UMC Utrecht.
The RSO of UMC Utrecht is part of the Executive Board and therefore also has a policy development role. The RSO is a member of various consultative bodies and associations and has an active role in, for example, the Netherlands Federation of University Medical Centers (NFU) and various Horizon 2020 sounding board groups of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO.nl).
Researchers at UMC Utrecht can call on the RSO for all aspects of research funding, including:
- Help identify the most promising financing arrangements for their research idea and career;
- Support in the preparation of competitive grant applications, feedback on the design of the proposals and tips & tricks for increasing the chances of success;
- Financial support through "H2020 proposal development grants" and courses on writing successful applications for Horizon 2020;
- Making contact with potential participants in an H2020 consortium (partner search) and giving advice on the best composition of a consortium;
- Advising on the project management structure and setting up the project management logistics.
The RSO maintains close contact with the Legal Affairs Department of UMC Utrecht. Together we can offer legal support, such as contracts with companies, subsidy agreements and consortium agreements. The RSO also maintains an overview of the EU grant advisors at the divisional level and the RSO coordinates H2020 project managers and has close cooperation with the project controllers group and the Third Party Administration department of the UMC Utrecht.
More detailed information about the services of the RSO can be found on the UMC Utrecht intranet, including:
- Contact information from the RSO advisors and legal advisers;
- Information about the different sources of finance, such as EU, NIH, Erasmus + and international grant programs;
- Research news with an overview of the coming deadlines;
- Information and registration periods for internal support programs for individual grants such as Vidi, Vici and ERC grants.
If you do not have access to the UMC Utrecht Intranet, please contact us
Heidelberglaan 100, 3584 CX Utrecht room C01.104