Your visit to UMC Utrecht FAQ corona
Your visit to UMC Utrecht
Answer the corona questions uitklapper, klik om te openen
Do you have an appointment at UMC Utrecht soon or are you coming to visit, and can you answer one of these questions with YES? Please contact the outpatient clinic or nursing ward before your appointment:
- Have you tested positive for corona in the past few days?*
- Do you have symptoms that are similar to symptoms of coronavirus?
- For the past 10 days, have you been abroad in an area where code orange or red applies?
- For the past 10 days, have you been in touch with someone that has coronavirus.
- Do you have a housemate with coronavirus infection, or is recovered from corona in the past 10 days?
* Are you taking anti-immune medications (immunosuppressants) and have you had corona? Then always contact the outpatient clinic, day treatment or nursing ward. Even if it has been more than 14 days since you had corona.
Be on time, but not too early uitklapper, klik om te openen
We kindly ask you to be in the waiting room no earlier than 10 minutes before the appointment.
If you go to your appointment via the 'poli bloedafname' (blood test) and there is more than 10 minutes waiting time between the two appointments, you can wait in the special waiting room in restaurant De Brink. You can go to the outpatient clinic or ward 10 minutes before your appointment.
Can I bring someone to the outpatient clinic? uitklapper, klik om te openen
Yes, you may bring 1 supervisor to the outpatient clinic. However, in the waiting rooms is limited space due to the 1,5 meter. Whether there is enough space differs per waiting room. Isn't it possible to keep 1,5 meter from each other? Then an employee can ask your supervisor to wait in restaurant De Brink. We ask for your understanding.
Of course, your companion may wait with you if this is necessary, for example for medical reasons.
Will my appointment continue? uitklapper, klik om te openen
Your treating physician will determine what is appropriate for your situation. Where possible, your hospital appointment will be postponed or replaced by a telephone consultation, a video consultation or an e-consultation. You will receive a personal message about this. Has your appointment been postponed and are you worried? Do not hesitate, but contact the doctor or your attending physician.
Can I safely visit UMC Utrecht? uitklapper, klik om te openen
For you and our employees, we ensure that UMC Utrecht is as safe as possible. We try doing this with the following measures:
- Care for patients with (suspicion of) coronavirus is separated from other patients;
- We ask everyone from 13 years and older to wear a non-medical face mask in our hospital;
- Your appointment is online or by phone, or in the hospital if this is necessary.
- Visits and escorts are limited; and
- We apply to the hygiene measures and 1,5 meter distance.
I will be admitted soon, can I bring someone with me? uitklapper, klik om te openen
You may bring a maximum of one accompanying person on the admission day.
Do I need to wear a face mask in UMC Utrecht? uitklapper, klik om te openen
We ask everyone from 13 years and older to bring a 'non-medical' face mask. Wear your mask at the entrance and in all of our public spaces, such as the hallway and waiting areas. Did you not bring your own face mask? Then you will get a non-medical face mask at the entrance of our hospital. You do not need to wear a face mask when you have been admitted to the hospital.
Can I just come and take a blood test? uitklapper, klik om te openen
Yes, you can, but if there is no urgency, we ask you not to come to UMC Utrecht. You may also be able to take blood tests in your own area in consultation with your doctor. Your doctor can tell you where the injection points are. Keep in mind that it takes longer before the results are known to us. Are you still coming to UMC Utrecht for blood tests? Then keep the following in mind:
- Do you have any respiratory symptoms? Please report this at the main entrance. You will then receive a face mask from us.
- Preferably arrive at quiet times: between 11 AM and 1 PM or after 3 PM.