Educational development and consultancy
The Center for Research and Development of Education offers expertise in the following areas of education in the healthcare sector. It does so for both UMC Utrecht and third parties.
- Curriculum design
- Methods for course-based education, practical training and clinical training
- Methods and quality assurance of tests and assessment
- Selection procedures
- Project management and supervision of educational development and implementation
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & ADVICE
The Center for Research and Development of Education supports the development and implementation of new curricula by making a project manager or project advisor available, usually for long-term projects (one or more years) requiring both educational expertise and expertise in the fields of process guidance and change processes.
COACHING AND ADVICE IN EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
The Center for Research and Development of Education
- provides tailored coaching and advice for the development of courses, programs and curricula. This usually involves guidance in the form of a series of meetings in which clients receive help in designing blueprints for their training courses or programs.
- provides educational expertise and supervises the process. Implementation is done mainly by the client or the coaches, depending on the client’s wishes.
- participates regularly in national and international medical education development projects.
Advice on international competency-oriented medical training
The Radiological Society of the Netherlands
Biannual advice on the national progress test for trainee radiologists
Medical School at UMC Utrecht
|Advice on the revision of the ‘CRU 2015' curriculum||Since 2011|
|Department for medical continuation courses||Project management for the development of various cross-discipline courses for trainee doctors||Since 2012|
|University of Applied Sciences Utrecht, in association with HAN University of Applied Sciences and Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences||Advice on the development of a competency-oriented workplace curriculum for the new Bachelor of Biomedical Assistance course||2013-2014|
UMC Utrecht Training Academy
Project Consultant for updating the curriculum of the continuation courses for nurses and the vocational training courses
Netherlands Orthopedic Association
Assistance in writing the national orthopedics training plan, in implementing this training plan and in setting up and providing the training courses for trainers and trainee doctors
University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
Assistance in developing the workplace curriculum of the Physician Assistant course
|Department of Geriatric Psychiatry of the Netherlands Psychiatric Association||Assistance in developing a national geriatric psychiatry curriculum||2008-2009|
HOW TO INVOLVE US
Please send an email requesting assistance to one of the following staff members:
After holding an exploratory talk, we assess whether our expertise matches your request and whether we have the capacity to fulfill your request. If both questions are answered in the affirmative, we draw up a quotation outlining the services we can provide at what price.
UMC Utrecht provides free basic services to the courses for which the Center for Research and Development of Education bears responsibility.